Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Annual Pumpkin Burn



Heretofore, our traditional method for getting rid of our post-Halloween Jack O'Lanterns has been the old "throw it in the woods and wait for it to rot in the springtime" method. And it worked. The pumpkins usually froze whole throughout the wintertime and in spring, they would melt into the forest floor like so much orange ooze. However, this always seemed to me to lack that bit of closure for the Halloween season...

But while perusing PumpkinRot's Blog a while back, he posted a link to some photos of an artist doing something I'd not done before: burning one's Jack O'Lantern...

Hmm.... Halloween + Fire? Truly a winning combination...

Thus was born the 2009 1st Annual Pumpkin Burn!

 Note: click the image above for more photos...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm . . . burning pumpkins. Must keep that in mind for next year. Mine are now on their way to compost heaven.

    I just looked over my shoulder and noticed you following me. Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's fun to do, but hard to remember to keep updating it with all the fun things I find and do.

    ReplyDelete